Direct Burial Services
- Immediate burial means that your loved one will be buried or entombed without a public service or gathering.
Direct Cremation Services
The biggest misconception about cremation is that there can't be a celebration after cremation. This is absolutely not the case. You may consider holding a memorial service to celebrate the life of your loved one after the cremation has taken place. It is your choice whether to have your loved one’s cremains present at the memorial service. There are many options open to you when it comes to honoring your loved one's life. After the cremation and memorial services, there are a variety of choices for your loved one's final disposition:
- Interment means that you'll bury or entomb your loved one's cremated remains. This can be in a family plot, a memorial site, a cremation niche or urn garden, or in a variety of other indoor and outdoor locations.
- Scattering allows you to spread your loved one's cremated remains in a memorial garden, a cemetery, over water, or across any other meaningful site. You also can choose to scatter some of the cremated remains and retain the rest in an urn for interment or another form of disposition. (Refer to Maryland’s scattering regulation).
- Placing cremated remains in multiple urns allows family members who are separated by distance to each feel the comfort of having their loved one's final resting place in a nearby location.
Witnessing the Cremation
A cremation witnessing provides the opportunity for a family to be with their loved one and participate in the moments leading up to their final disposition. The family can witness the final journey of their loved one as they enter the cremation retort, where the cremation process begins. For some, being present during the cremation is an important part of their faith and family traditions. For others, it is an important part of saying their final goodbye.
We offer several payment options to help lessen the financial burden on your family during this difficult time. Talk to a member of our staff if you have any questions or need more information.
- Personal check or money order
- We accept all major credit cards — Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.
- If your loved one has a life insurance policy you want to use for funeral expenses, please talk to us. We can get a portion of your claim funded quickly instead of a long wait for insurance companies to pay out. We’ll also handle all the paperwork, to include an additional processing fee.